August 11, 2003
Living Easier With Arthritis
How to simplify household tasks
(HealthDayNews) -- If you have arthritis, everyday household tasks can be a challenge. Make your life easier with these suggestions from the Rheumatoid Arthritis Academy:
- Store things that you use often in easy-to-reach places.
- Replace small handles on drawers and cabinets with larger ones.
- Install a raised toilet seat.
- Get an electric can opener.
- Use an electric shaver.
- Use liquid soap instead of bar soap.
- Wear clothes that are easy to take on and off, such as pants with elastic waists.
- Attach Velcro fasteners to blouses and shirts.
- Wear slip-on shoes.
- Sit on a bar stool when ironing or chopping vegetables.