December 31, 2009
Health Tip: Fight Fatigue
Here's how you can remain alert
(HealthDay News) -- You can combat fatigue -- that feeling of tiredness and lack of energy -- without drinking caffeinated coffee or taking stimulants, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
Here are its suggestions:
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule, making sure you get plenty of quality sleep every night.
- Drink plenty of water each day.
- Eat healthy foods and a well-balanced diet. Avoid junk food.
- Make time for frequent exercise.
- Treat yourself to some relaxation. Try meditation or yoga.
- Balance work and personal time, setting a manageable schedule for each.
- Keep stress under control as much as possible. Treat yourself to a vacation when you need it.
- Add a multivitamin to your daily diet.
- Don't use drugs, nicotine (tobacco) or alcohol.