May 16, 2011
Health Tip: Better Sleep Can Mean Less Arthritis Pain
Suggestions to help you get enough rest
(HealthDay News) -- Getting plenty of sleep each night can help you better manage arthritis pain, the Arthritis Foundation says.
Here are recommendations to help you get enough rest:
- Exercise regularly at a moderate intensity, and remember to schedule it well before bedtime.
- Don't consume caffeine or alcohol, particularly close to bedtime.
- Create a consistent schedule of sleep and wake times, and stick to it daily.
- Soak in a warm bath before bed, or listen to some soft music.
- Enjoy quiet time before bed, or read a relaxing book.
- Don't use sleeping pills, unless your doctor suggests them.