October 16, 2011
Health Tip: Don't Drive When Drowsy
Signs it's time to stop for a rest
(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a case of heavy eyelids while you're driving, pull over as soon as possible and get some rest.
The National Sleep Foundation mentions these warning signs that you're too sleepy to drive:
- Having difficulty staying focused or blinking eyelids frequently.
- Finding yourself daydreaming.
- Having difficulty seeing traffic signs or exits, or forgetting the last few miles that you drove.
- Having difficulty keeping your head up, yawning frequently or rubbing your eyes.
- Weaving between lanes or onto the shoulder, or tailgating the next car.
- Feeling irritable or restless.