June 28, 2005
Health Tip: Fighting Driver Fatigue
How to stay awake on the road
(HealthDayNews) -- If you're planning a long road trip, Salem Hospital in Oregon offers these tips to help combat driver fatigue:
- Get plenty of sleep the night before.
- Drive only during the hours you are normally awake.
- Take a mid-afternoon break.
- Talk to your passenger, and if feasible, share the driving.
- Take a break every couple of hours or every 100 miles. Stop sooner if you're getting sleepy, then take a 20-minute nap.