July 22, 2008
Health Tip: Prevent Jet Lag
Make plane travel more comfortable
(HealthDay News) -- Jet lag can dampen the fun of any trip when your body struggles to adjust to a new time zone.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to prevent jet lag:
- Start your trip well-rested. Make sure you get plenty of sleep before your trip.
- Avoid alcohol and overeating.
- Eat healthy meals.
- Get as much exercise as possible.
- Avoid sleep medications. If you use them, don't take them for more than a few days.
- Follow the schedule of the time zone you are in. Eat meals and go to bed when the locals do.