(HealthDayNews) -- Before you begin a new diet, John Hopkins Bayview recommends you make sure the regimen is safe and effective by asking yourself the following questions:
Does your plan:
- Include a variety of foods from all five major food groups?
- Include at least the minimum number of servings from the Food Guide Pyramid?
- Include foods you will enjoy eating for the rest of your life, not just a few weeks or months?
- Include foods available at the grocery store you frequent?
- Allow you to eat your favorite foods in moderation?
- Include regular physical activity?