July 4, 2005
Health Tip: Appetite Control
Suggestions to avoid overeating
(HealthDay News) -- If you're an overeater, try getting your appetite under control with these tips from Harvard Medical International:
- Slow down, and chew with purpose. Take at least 20 minutes to eat a meal. Taking longer will make you feel as if you're eating more.
- Eat only while sitting down. This will help you think about how much you're consuming.
- Eat off smaller plates. And drink a 12-ounce glass of water before eating.
- Wait 10 minutes after you get the urge to snack. Between-meal snacks are usually impulsive acts. By waiting, you may realize you aren't hungry.
- Keep the healthier foods, such as fruit and vegetables, in the front of your refrigerator shelves.