December 23, 2005
Health Tip: Dieting During the Holidays
It's not easy, but try to stay on track
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays are especially tough on dieters. Between those family parties and office get-togethers, the temptation to stray may be overwhelming.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Eat sensibly at home before you head out.
- Set realistic goals.
- Don't mingle near food trays.
- Bring your own healthy dishes.
- Just say "no" to fattening fare.
- Tell gift givers that you'd prefer they don't give you food.