Health Tip: Eat Properly
Eat fruits and veggies, avoid too much sugar and fat
(HealthDay News) -- Eating less isn't the only way to drop a few pounds.
If you eat the right foods, you can actually eat more and weigh less, says Genesys Regional Medical Center in Michigan.
Skip high-calorie, sugary foods that are quickly eaten and digested, and make you hungry again sooner. Rather, opt for high-fiber, low-calorie foods that take more time to eat and make you feel full longer.
Here are some more good suggestions:
- Eat some fat, but make it healthful fat, like omega 3s.
- Eat moderate amounts of complex carbohydrates.
- Include fruit and vegetables in every meal.
- Don't completely deprive yourself; eat treats in small amounts.
- Focus on long-term goals.
On the other hand, here are eating habits that can be counter productive:
- Focusing only on calories.
- Trying to eliminate fat from your diet.
- Cutting back too far on carbohydrates.
- Swearing off certain foods.