(HealthDay News) -- Some foods other than those labeled "fat free" are naturally low fat, and can even be more satisfying than low-fat offerings.
Moses Taylor Hospital lists these low-fat treats:
- Pretzels: one ounce of pretzels has only one tenth of the fat as an ounce of potato chips.
- Buttermilk: one cup of buttermilk has slightly less fat than a cup of 1 percent milk.
- Pancakes: a pancake has about the same amount of calories as a slice of bread. It's what you top it with that makes a difference. Try low-fat yogurt or jam.
- Bagels: there is one gram of fat per bagel, which contains the same calories as two slices of bread.
- Potatoes: a medium-sized sweet or white potato has about 30 calories and a tenth of a gram of fat.