(HealthDay News) -- Losing weight can a daunting task. But there are sensible ways to go about it, AARP says.
Along with a healthy diet and regular exercise, the group offers these suggestions:
- Don't skip meals -- eat three a day, especially breakfast. Skipping meals can cause you to overeat later in the day.
- Drink a lot of water, and drink a glass or two before a meal to help you feel more full and eat less.
- To fill you up without extra calories, eat foods that are rich in fiber and water, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Track what and how much you eat by keeping a food journal.
- Don't give up, and remember that every little bit you do helps.