August 17, 2007
Health Tip: Talking to Your Doctor About How to Lose Weight
Suggestions to get you started
(HealthDay News) -- It may seem intimidating to approach your doctor for advice about how to lose weight.
Here are some pointers to get you started, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Ask your doctor for any available pamphlets or brochures about weight loss, diet and exercise.
- Have your doctor measure your body mass index and waist circumference, and talk about your results and what they mean to your health.
- Talk to your doctor about your exercise regimen and diet, and what changes you can make to help you to lose weight.
- Consider how much change and effort you are willing to make before you talk to your doctor.
- Ask if there are any specialists who can help you, such as dieticians, nutritionists or physical trainers.