(HealthDayNews) -- If your child is skipping meals and getting thinner by the day, how can you tell whether anorexia nervosa is the cause?
Boys Town Pediatrics in Omaha, Nebraska, offers these warning signs:
- She's lost weight rapidly.
- She feels faint when she stands up too fast.
- She has irregular or non-existent menstrual periods.
- She always complains that she's cold. This is from a loss of body fat.
- She looks unusually pale.
- Her nails and hair have become brittle.
- She's constipated.
If you suspect your child may fit the profile, discuss your concerns with her doctor.