May 17, 2017
Health Tip: Avoiding Processed Foods
Here's what to do
(HealthDay News) -- Processed foods often contain lots of fat, salt and other preservatives that make them considerably less healthy.
To avoid processed foods, the American Heart Association suggests:
- Cook your own meals, instead of eating ready-made meals.
- Skip bottled salad dressings, and create a dressing yourself.
- Instead of flavored yogurt, buy plain yogurt and add fruit.
- Grow your own fruit and vegetables.
- Choose less processed snacks, such as cut crunchy vegetables, popcorn, nuts or seeds.