September 11, 2008
Health Tip: Control Overeating
Suggestions to limit how much you eat
(HealthDay News) -- Although most people realize when they've had enough and should stop eating, it's still often difficult to maintain portion control.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions to help prevent overeating:
- Use a smaller dish, so that it looks like your plate is more full.
- Serve up an appropriate portion, and don't tempt yourself with seconds.
- Put away leftovers quickly after dinner, and store them in portion-controlled containers. Freeze whatever you don't want right away.
- Never eat right out of the bag, box or takeout container.
- Put bowls or platters of food away or out of sight during dinner.