(HealthDay News) -- If you're fighting the battle of food cravings, there are things you can do to avoid the temptation.
The American Heart Association recommends:
- At a restaurant, avoid even glancing at the unhealthy section of a menu. Stick to the salad bar.
- At the end of a long day, don't give in to having an indulgent meal. Go for a walk instead.
- If you crave junk food, don't make it easy to find some. Keep healthier foods on your counter.
- Opt for small, individually-packaged servings of your favorite treats.
- After you eat, brush your teeth or chew sugar-free gum.