Health Tip: Don't Overdo Fast Food
And know what you're eating
(HealthDay News) -- Fast food is a tempting option for hungry people on the run. But eating it too often or downing too much can wreak havoc on your health and waistline.
Keep these tips in mind when considering fast food, provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Fast foods are often high in calories, fat, sugar and salt.
- Many fast foods are cooked with high-calorie fats and butters.
- Fast food choices tend to lack fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The large portion sizes offered can encourage overeating.
- Many fast food restaurants have begun publishing nutritional information about their foods. In other cases, it is available on request. This information can help you better plan what you order.