(HealthDay News) -- Drinking water throughout the day can help ensure that your body has enough fluids, especially when the weather is hot.
The American Academy of Family Physicians recommends:
- Get a reusable water bottle and carry it with you throughout the day, refilling as needed.
- Spruce up the flavor of plain water by adding a slice of lime or lemon.
- Always drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Drink water if you feel hungry, which may make the hungry sensation subside. Thirst can be mistaken for hunger, and more water can help you feel full.
- Create a schedule for drinking water, such as a glass when you wake, with meals and at bedtime, or at the start of each hour. Always ask for water at a restaurant.