August 10, 2010
Health Tip: Eat Lots of Fiber
Here are high-fiber food choices
(HealthDay News) -- Eating a high-fiber diet can help control constipation and maintain a healthy body weight.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine mentions these foods that are high in fiber:
- Uncooked carrots, lettuce, broccoli, sweet potatoes and cooked asparagus.
- Tomato and other vegetable juices.
- Beans, lentils and other legumes.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Bananas, apples, pears, berries and dried fruits.
- Whole grain foods, including whole-wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, popcorn and oatmeal.