Health Tip: Eat More Vegetables
Make it easy on yourself
(HealthDay News) -- Instead of getting bored with the same old vegetable choices that take too long to prepare, choose convenience and variety in your vegetables.
Here are easy ways to get plenty of vegetables in your diet, provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- Buy fresh vegetables that are in season -- they'll be at their peak flavor, and often less expensive.
- Keep plenty of frozen vegetables on hand for quick and easy microwave meals and sides.
- Look for conveniently packed vegetables, such as washed and peeled carrots, pre-washed bags of salads, and cut vegetables.
- Save time by making a baked potato in the microwave instead of the oven.
- Alternate your veggie choices and how you cook them. Try them raw and crunchy, then try them steamed.