March 7, 2017
Health Tip: Fruit and Veggies May Help Shed Pounds
They'll help you cut back on calories
(HealthDay News) -- Ditching pasta or rice in favor of fruit and vegetables can help you shed pounds and feel healthier.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:
- Extra fruit and veggies will help you feel full and satisfied, while cutting back on calories.
- Fruit and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals, fiber and other substances that are key to good health.
- Steam veggies, using low-cal dressings. Add herbs and spices for more flavor.
- Choose whole fruit over dried, which loses a lot of the original fiber.
- Make sure your dinner plate is a typical size, not larger than it should be.