(HealthDay News) -- Kids may turn thumbs down at many healthy lunch choices, but if parents get creative, they can prepare healthy lunches that their children like.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions for healthy lunches that kids will enjoy:
- Create a colorful wrap, instead of a sandwich on ordinary white bread.
- Stack sandwich fillers on little crackers, instead of bread.
- Pack a veggie- and protein-filled salad topped with nuts, cheese or beans.
- Wrap lunch meat around a cheese stick for a bread-free wrap.
- Make sandwiches in fun shapes using a favorite cookie cutter.