Health Tip: Opt for a Healthy Weight-Loss Plan
Avoid fad diets
(HealthDay News) -- Fad diets may promise drastic and quick loss of weight, but may be dangerous and often fall short when it comes to long-term weight loss.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for a selecting a healthy eating plan:
- Never skip meals, including breakfast.
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods, rather than sticking to just a few foods.
- Restrict consumption of sugar, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol.
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories.
- Limit portion sizes.
- Get plenty of regular exercise. Increase daily physical activity in simple ways, such as by parking further from your destination.