August 26, 2018
Health Tip: Pack a Healthy Lunch for Your Child
(HealthDay News) -- Children need nutritious lunches to help them stay healthier, concentrate in school and play sports.
The FDA suggests how to pack a healthier lunch:
- Plan your meals for the entire week. Fill your child's lunchbox with foods that contribute to healthy growth and weight maintenance.
- Encourage your child to help pack lunch. This will help teach lifelong habits for building healthy and balanced meals.
- Focus on the basic four food groups: fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy and proteins.
- Look for inspiration on healthy food websites.
- Make sure portions are appropriate for your child.
- Read nutritional labels to help you select the healthiest options.