March 30, 2015
Health Tip: Plan for Healthy Meals on a Budget
Strategies to help you eat well for less
(HealthDay News) -- It is possible to eat well on a budget, but it does require some planning.
The Choosemyplate.gov website suggests:
- Create a budget and stick to it. Plan meals and snacks for the week according to that budget.
- Search online for recipes that are inexpensive, easy and quick.
- Plan meals that stretch specific foods that can be expensive, such as stews, casseroles and stir-frys.
- Think about shopping at discount stores, and hunt for coupons and deals.
- Ask if your grocery store has a loyalty card.