March 20, 2019
Health Tip: Reading Food Labels for Diabetics
(HealthDay News) -- For people with diabetes, maintaining a healthy diet can be vital to a treatment plan. Reading food labels can help diabetics make the best choices, the Mayo Clinic says.
When reading food labels, the clinic suggests:
- Choose healthy fats, such as olive, canola or peanut oil.
- Avoid trans and saturated fats.
- Pick food with 3 grams or more of fiber.
- Pay attention to serving sizes.
- Consider your daily calorie goals.