(HealthDay News) -- When sizing a toddler's meal, keep in mind that serving sizes should be smaller for smaller tummies.
The American Dietetic Association mentions these serving size guidelines for toddlers aged 2 to 3:
- Toddlers should eat about 3 ounces of grains per day. For example, this works out to about three slices of bread, or one slice of bread plus one-third cup cold cereal and one-forth cup cooked rice or pasta.
- One cup of various vegetables per day meets their vegetable needs.
- One cup of fruits per day will satisfy their fruit servings.
- Toddlers should have about 2 cups of milk per day.
- Toddlers should have about 2 ounces of meat or beans per day.
- Limit oils to about 3 teaspoons per day.