(HealthDay News) -- Rich in calcium and protein, yogurt makes for a treat that's both nutritious and delicious.
The Dairy Council of California dishes up these serving suggestions:
- Build a breakfast parfait with layers of yogurt, cereal or granola, and a topping of fresh fruit.
- Skip the syrup and put a dollop of yogurt atop waffles or pancakes. Add fruit for extra sweetness.
- Whip up a smoothie with yogurt, fruit and some juice.
- Use plain yogurt as a dip for your favorite veggies.
- Use plain yogurt as a base for your favorite salad dressings and dips.
- In place of sour cream, use plain yogurt as a topping for tacos, quesadillas, chili or soups.