September 8, 2008
Health Tip: Understanding Serving Sizes
Know how much you should eat
(HealthDay News) -- The nutritional content of most foods is labeled according to serving size. But how much do you know about serving sizes?
The Cleveland Clinic helps put the question in perspective:
- One cup is approximately the size of your fist, and is typically two servings of pasta or rice.
- Three servings of meat, fish or chicken is about the size of a deck of cards, or the palm of your hand.
- One apple should be about the size of a baseball.
- Two servings of a bagel (about one half of a bagel) should be about the size of a hockey puck.
- One serving of a pancake should be about the size of a compact disc.
- One serving of cheese is about the size of four stacked dice.