December 1, 2011
Health Tip: Watch Your Weight This Holiday Season
Suggestions to ward off weight gain
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays may represent excess, but you don't have to let that translate to excess weight.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to ward off those holiday pounds:
- Despite the busy season, don't skip exercise.
- Eat seven servings of fruits and veggies per day, both for nutrients and to help you stay full without all of the calories.
- Keep candy, cookies and other treats out of sight.
- Indulge in just one small treat per day.
- Make wise choices at the holiday party buffet. Politely decline if hosts keep pushing more food.
- Make holiday gatherings more about conversation and socializing than food.