Health Tip: When Eating Out Is Your Only Option
You can still make healthy choices and enjoy the meal
(HealthDay News) -- Lets face it: in this hustle-bustle society, sometimes we don't have any other choice but to eat out.
Nevertheless, we can still exercise good eating habits. The American Dietetic Association offers nutritional tips to follow for healthier options on these occasions:
- Ask for low-fat dressings, sauces or gravies on the side.
- Avoid mayonnaise and cheese, and choose ketchup or barbeque sauce instead.
- Order low-fat milk or juice instead of soda and milkshakes.
- Avoid fried foods and stick to baked potatoes or side salads.
- Split portions that are too large with someone else.
- Ask that bread be served with the meal, not beforehand.