April 27, 2014
Health Tip: Why Am I Overweight?
Factors that contribute to weight gain
(HealthDay News) -- Eating too much is an obvious factor for being overweight, but it's not the only one.
The Weight-control Information Network explains these additional factors for being overweight:
- Consuming more calories than you burn.
- Having an environment rich in unhealthy food choices, conveniences that contribute to a sedentary lifestyle and lack of access to safe exercise.
- Having certain genetic patterns and family eating habits.
- Taking certain medications, such as steroids.
- Being an emotional eater and turning to food when you feel stressed, sad, angry or bored.