Take the fizz out of your child's habit
(HealthDayNews) -- There's little doubt that the amount of soda kids drink has contributed to the obesity epidemic in the United States.
Help your child break his soda habit with these tips from the Texas Department of Health:
- Save soda for a special treat.
- Stock your fridge with low-fat milk, fruit-flavored seltzers and low-sugar juices.
- Serve water with meals.
- Have a soda-free week once a month.
- Refrigerate only a few cans at a time.
- Buy large-size containers for special occasions only.