April 9, 2013
Health Tip: Clean Out Your Refrigerator
Get rid of germs and bacteria
(HealthDay News) -- Cleaning out your refrigerator can help wipe out germs and bacteria growing in spilled food and messes.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these suggestions to help you clean out your refrigerator:
- Make sure your refrigerator temperature is set to below 40 degrees.
- Clean up any spills and get rid of anything in the refrigerator causing an odor.
- Use hot, soapy water to wash spills and other messes in the refrigerator and thoroughly rinse the surface.
- Place an open box of baking soda on a shelf in the refrigerator to get rid of odors.
- Avoid using any harsh cleaning agents inside the refrigerator.