Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Obesity
Here's what makes it more likely
(HealthDay News) -- Obesity is linked to an increased risk for heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure, among other chronic diseases and conditions.
While your diet plays an important part in your risk of becoming obese, it isn't the only factor. The U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute says other risk factors include:
- Living a sedentary lifestyle without regular exercise.
- Getting insufficient sleep.
- Frequently becoming stressed.
- Having family members who are obese.
- Having easy access to fast food.