Health Tip: When Considering Vasectomy
Here's what you should know
(HealthDay News) -- Vasectomy is a surgical procedure in which a man is sterilized. While it is a relatively simple procedure, men considering it should make sure that the option is right for them.
According to Planned Parenthood, vasectomy may not be the best birth control option if you:
- Think you may want to have biological children at some point in the future.
- Are being pressured into having the procedure by a partner, friend or family member.
- Are currently having marital, emotional, sexual, financial or mental health problems.
- You and your partner have not fully discussed or agreed on the procedure.
- Are relying on frozen sperm in case you decide to have children. Frozen sperm do not always retain the ability to fertilize a woman's egg.