(HealthDay News) - Bringing your newborn home from the hospital is a joyous event, but it can also be frightening for first-time parents.
Here are suggestions to help make the transition from hospital to home easier, courtesy of the Nemours Foundation:
- Dress your baby in clothing that's comfortable, appropriate for the weather, and easy to put on.
- Use your child's infant car seat for the ride home, and make sure it's properly installed.
- It's OK to feel a range of emotions, from happy to scared to overwhelmed. Don't be shy about asking family and friends to help.
- Take time to introduce the baby to his or her new family, including siblings, friends, relatives and pets.
- Don't be afraid to call your doctor if you are concerned or have questions.