Health Tip: Pregnant and Prepared
Pack a bag in advance of your hospital stay
(HealthDayNews) -- If you're in the third trimester of pregnancy, it's a good idea to start preparing for the trip to the hospital. Advance planning will help you avoid last-minute panic.
So pack a bag, and stow it away in the closet or under your bed until it's time to go.
Here's a list of things to pack, courtesy of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences:
- A robe, slippers, nightgown and underwear.
- Nursing bras.
- Toiletries, including toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Going home outfits for you and the baby.
- Two soft, clean towels to roll up for padding your infant's head in the car seat.
- Any insurance papers or identification cards.
To avoid the hassle when you're in labor, ask the hospital if you can fill out admission papers ahead of time.