September 30, 2015
Health Tip: Stay Fit and Healthy During Pregnancy
And keep up healthy habits once your baby arrives
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to develop healthy habits before and during pregnancy -- and to maintain them once your baby is born.
The Weight-control Information Network suggests:
- If you exercised before pregnancy, speak to your doctor about continuing those habits during pregnancy.
- If you didn't exercise before pregnancy, speak to your doctor about going for regular walks, or at least taking frequent stretch breaks from prolonged sitting.
- Get back to exercising after baby is born, as soon as your doctor approves.
- Drink plenty of fluids, and use caution during warm weather.
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet throughout pregnancy and afterward.
- If you're able, nurse baby for added health benefits for you and baby, and to help burn calories.