Health Tip: Symptoms of Postpartum Depression
Signs that you should seek help
(HealthDay News) -- Welcoming a new baby is a happy and exciting time, but it's also full of stress. Postpartum depression affects many new moms, and it's important to recognize the signs and seek treatment.
The American Academy of Family Physicians lists these warning signs of postpartum depression:
- Persistent feelings of sadness and crying.
- Having little desire to eat.
- Significant weight gain or loss.
- Irritability, anxiety and restlessness.
- Inability to find pleasure or interest in life.
- Feeling exhausted or having no motivation to get things done.
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness or guilt.
- Having little interest in your newborn.