(HealthDayNews) -- The first few weeks as a first-time parent can make you long for the relatively peaceful days of your pregnancy. Sleep deprivation, anxiety, and a crying infant can run you ragged.
Here are some tips from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia:
- Rest at every opportunity.
- Don't be shy about asking others for help.
- Don't play hostess. Even if there are visitors, feel free to excuse yourself to rest or feed the baby.
- Take your baby for short walks in the neighborhood. It will help soothe your infant to sleep and lift your mood.
- Eat nutritious meals and snacks.