June 16, 2015
Health Tip: Breast-Feeding Benefits Moms, Too
How it may boost maternal health
(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding ensures that baby gets all needed nutrients. It also may offer health benefits for mom, too.
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these potential maternal benefits:
- Promotes weight loss and helps the uterus return to pre-pregnancy size.
- Reduces stress.
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Lowers risk of ovarian and breast cancers.
- Reduces risk of depression after pregnancy.
- Lowers risk of developing osteoporosis and iron-deficiency anemia.