November 27, 2011
Health Tip: Breast-Feeding Is Good for Moms, Too
Here are potential benefits
(HealthDay News) -- Breast-feeding has been proven more beneficial than formula for babies, but it also offers benefits for moms.
The womenshealth.gov website says potential benefits of breast-feeding include:
- Less time and effort during feedings, and not having to sterilize bottles or mix formula.
- Saving money from not having to buy formula.
- Opportunities for bonding and relaxing with the infant.
- Lower risk of health problems for the mother, including lower risk of breast and ovarian cancers, type 2 diabetes and postpartum depression.
- Fewer missed work days due to baby being sick less frequently.